Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Cleaning Frenzy!

Is it just me or does everyone have to make a disaster of their house before they can completely clean it? I realized that it takes me twice as long to clean because before I can actually clean I have to de-clutter but when I de-clutter one space I clutter another space until it's time to clean that space and then I  just repeat the process. It is now 11:30pm and I am finally at a stopping point. I am having a friend in starting tomorrow and I had a lot of work to do. She is helping host my baby shower on Saturday and just moved away to Illinois last week! 3rd Trimester exhaustion has kept me from my normal routine so there was lots of dust and dirt to be wiped away and lots of paw prints to be moped from the floors! I got started this morning around 10, had a lunch break with a friend that I had not seen in weeks and then kept going! I had to make a Sonic drink break run to be able to make it the rest of the night but I managed to make lots of progress! The guest room is ready and we even have a freshly cleaned bathroom in the master suite! Needless to say my husband was excited to be able to see the bathroom counter when he got home. Oh…I also made dinner! So basically today was a HUGE success!!!!

As I mentioned above, my baby shower is this weekend!!! I am so excited. I have the best group of girls hosting it for me. Needless to say this baby is blessed and is going to have the best aunts in the world!!! I hope that after this shower I will feel a little bit more prepared. We have not purchased ANYTHING for this kid that is practical, only a book, an outfit and a toy! NOTHING ELSE!!! I have received some things as hand me downs that I am grateful for but I still feel like there are some pretty important things that we need to be able to bring the baby home from the hospital safely! I will blog again after the shower and the weekend has calmed down and report back on the items we receive that will help us raise this babe!!!

Just a short blog tonight about my cleaning frenzy and the upcoming shower this weekend! I can't wait to post pics because I know it is going to be FABULOUS!!!

XOXO

Hillary

No comments:

Post a Comment