Monday, February 24, 2014

BUSY BABY WEEKEND!

WOW! It's been a while! I was trying NOT to skip so many days between blogs but this weekend got outta hand and I didn't turn on the TV or the Computer all weekend. There was a lot about ME but not a lot of ME time to just chill. This pregnancy thing tires me out so I have been taking a LOT more 'ME' time but really it is just resting time so I don't over do it!

So this weekend was all about babies! I would have to say it started on Thursday when my friend Brook was due in from IL. The plan was to pick her up from the airport at two and then head to meet Ryan to look at a few potential houses! Due to some plane issues she was delayed and we didn't meet up until later that evening. Ryan and I made it to see the houses and back home before we picked Brook up. Then we dined at the Cheesecake Factory. Brook and I sat up talking for a while since she recently moved away and then we decided it was time to hit the hay because we knew we had a FULL day planned for Friday!

Friday AM we woke up and grabbed coffee and breakfast before going to get pampered at the pedicure place. While we were there she received a text from one of the other hostesses, Jennifer, that he flight was delayed as well and that she and her husband and son would be making the trip via car! About a 12 and a half hour drive Jenn and her family would arrive! Since she was unable to get here a day early like planned, Brook and I spent the already busy day running around tending to Brooks final shower prep AND Jennifer's final shower prep!

Saturday was SHOWER DAY! I am very blessed to have such wonderful friends that wanted to host me a baby shower! 6 of my closest friends came together and planed what I would call the most spectacular Baby shower ever! Peanut is going to have the best Aunts in the world! They have already spoiled him/her with all the wonderful things they "showered" us with. The food was INCREDIBLE!!! I was able to have a a Virgin Bloody Mary that tasted JUST like a real one without the vodka! My cousin Meridith even duplicated a delicious dessert that I enjoyed in NOLA when we were there for the sugar bowl in January! They hit the nail on the head with the decor! I could not have asked for a more Beautiful shower to show my Peanut how much he/she is already loved!!! I have posted some photos below so you can all see how wonderful our day was!!!

Sunday was spent celebrating more babies! Brook and I have the same hair dresser and since she wasn't  flying out until around 5pm we planned to go see our hair dressers new baby boy Thomas! He is two weeks old and SOOO cute!!! I can't believe babies are really that small! Then we picked up Ryan and headed to Jennifer's mother's home to celebrate her baby boy! He will turn 1 in March so since she and her family where in from out of town for the shower, they chose to have his 1st birthday with all the rest of their Family. Baby J had great party and he is truly loved by all his family and friends! Such a cutie!

Overall the weekend was spent celebrating babies with ones that I love! Again, I am so blessed to have the friends and family that I do to make me and Peanut feel so special!!!

Thanks to everyone involved for a great weekend!!!
Delicious Food Spread

Me with 5 of the 6 hostesses

LOVE Cake

Decor - GOLD GLITTER!

Write a note to mommy on a diaper for those late night changings! So funny to read the diapers!


Such a creative guest book!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed the shower! It's the least we can do as a return favor for all the parties/showers you've hosted for us over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing shower! LOVE the gold glitter! So many cute details. I'm so excited for you!!!! And so happy to keep up with you via blogging again :).

    ReplyDelete