Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Battle o' the Baby Showers!

This last weekend was full of traveling, celebrations, out of town guests, stress, more travel and finally we are home. I spent the majority of last week in Texas at my parents prior to my second baby shower and my hometown's claim to fame, The World's Largest Rattlesnake Round Up! Mostly I need to be there this week each year because mom gets really stressed about all the extra company and the open door policy that happens from Wednesday until Sunday at our house. Since dad and I enjoy this weekend SO much she typically sucks it up and we make it through but that does not mean there are not some fights and added stress! Always a Joy! :)

Anyway, when talking with the hosts of the shower in my hometown, I asked what they thought about doing it Round Up weekend so that if there were "out of towners" they would be able to make it to the shower and the rest of the Round Up festivities! They liked the idea so that is what we did!

The reason I titled this post "Battle o' the Baby Showers!" is because once I showed these ladies, my mom's dearest friends, photos of the shower my dearest friends hosted they new they wanted to try and "win!"  I have to declare this competition a TIE because the showers were equally lovely and perfect but so different at the same time!

 The OKC girls hosted a New and Trendy shower where the theme matched the colors of the nursery and they focused a lot of the decor and made sure that they foods they served made me happy! They asked my pregnancy cravings and planned a delicious menu based off those cravings! They know the way to my heart! FOOD!

The West Texas gals hosted a truly Southern Belle's Baby Shower! It was a morning shower where they served brunch foods and Petit Fours. Anyone know what those are?! They are delicious little moist cakes that are personal sized for you to pick up and bite or eat with a fork. One of my favorite desserts that I only get to enjoy at bridal showers or baby showers in Texas! I have never enjoyed a petit four anywhere else that my hometown! Something that also made this shower different was that it was a display shower. Instead of my having to sit in front of everyone and opening gifts, I was able to mingle with everyone that was there while the hostesses collected the gifts as guests arrived and displayed them in another room so people could go look if they wanted or just grab a bite and chit chat with friends.

As  I said, both showers were equally PERFECT and I could not have asked to be honored by two better groups of women! My moms best friends and my best friends made Peanut and I feel so extra special! I will post some pics from the second shower for you to enjoy!

OH, one more thing that was EXTRA special from the second shower was the old school alphabet blocks that were used at the party entrance. Since we aren't finding out the sex, they spelled out both our girl and boy name with the SAME building blocks that my mom's friend Vicki used at mom's baby shower when I was born! We looked and looked for a photo from the shower 28 years ago but we did not have any luck! Either way, the fact that the blocks were the same made this piece of decor so special!

XOXO

Hillary





1 comment:

  1. What a cute idea with the blocks! I can't tell what the boy's name is though? Is it Wylie Bryce? Oddly enough, I went through a phase in high school where I was obsessed with petit fours. I don't even know what started it. Who wouldn't want an individual sized cake though?!

    ReplyDelete